KZN Film Commission PPE Funding
The vision of the KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission (KZNFC) is to position KwaZulu-Natal as a globally competitive, diverse, and sustainable industry and choice film destination. The Film Fund is designed to stimulate the economy in the film and TV industry and supporting industries.
With the KZN industry being a distant third to Gauteng and Western Cape in terms of market size, it is important to grow the industry from within while attracting lucrative productions from outside the province. In response to the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic in the country, the film industry like many other industries in the country and around the world has been severely affected. In response the KZNFC has secured a relief fund to assist productions seeking PPE funding in order to observe filming protocols and to comply with the relevant regulations.
The KZNFC aims to support filmmakers in setting a standard for the safe production of projects and is therefore announcing a call for proposals for productions seeking Covid-19 PPE and related services funding. In order to support and stimulate productions, it is imperative that these productions take place before the end of December 2021. Furthermore, all PPE expenditure incurred and reimbursed by KZNFC must be spent on KZN companies (i.e. procurement of PPEs must be from KZN companies to further stimulate the local economy).
- Production companies with preference been given to KZN applicants
- Productions planning to film in KZN and to be completed before end of December 2021.
- Productions that are fully funded (filmmakers must have secured and closed all finance required excluding Covid-19 PPE).
- Production companies must spend 50% of the production budget in KZN in order to ensure local spend and benefits to KZN economy.
- Productions which are in need of funds to cover Covid-19 PPE costs.
- All genres – Feature films, Documentaries, TV Series, Made for TV Films, and Short Films.
*A natural person whose primary province of residence is KZN and can provide adequate proof of such residence, this also includes persons born in KZN but who currently reside elsewhere and can provide proof of KZN birth via an unabridged birth certificate.
- Music videos, Training and Corporate Videos
- Talk shows, Game shows and News/Current Affairs shows
- Adult Content
- One-page synopsis of the project
- Production budget breakdown must reflect 50% KZN Expenditure of the overall South African budget
- Production schedule
- Finance plan
- Funding confirmation from other financiers
- Written confirmation from the financiers that the funding granted does not cover PPE
- Proposed detailed PPE and related services budget on a spreadsheet
- Affidavit confirming that the project will be filmed in KZN before the end of 31 December 2021.
- SARS Tax Clearance Certificate with PIN
- BBBEE Certificate
- Company representative certified ID copy (not older than 6 months)
- Protocol document (KZNFC protocol guideline is attached as a reference)
- Company registration documents.
Closing date: 30 September 2021 at 23:59.
All queries and applications must be directed to email@example.com with the subject heading : Covid-19 Production PPE Fund. Applicants are strongly advised to engage the KZNFC prior to submission to ensure that their applications are compliant.
Applicants are to note that attachments sent in multiple emails will not be considered and the application will be Null and Void. Links to folders containing the application will not be considered, attachments are strictly to be attached or ZIP folded in a single application email. No applications or additional documentation will be accepted after the closing date. Please note that proposals that do not adhere to the above criteria will be disqualified.