DFA Job Opportunity
JOB OPPORTUNITY: DFA PROGRAMME MANAGER
Position: Part-time (20 hours per week)
Duration: 8 months
Experience level: mid-senior experience level with a minimum of 5 years experience in production or education of documentary film
The Documentary Filmmakers’ Association would like to employ a programme manager. This person would be required to:
- have a good understanding of key stakeholders specific to the documentary industry both in terms of processes and policies;
- form relationships with these key stakeholders and be aware of any opportunities or gaps that need to be addressed by the DFA,
- attend industry stakeholders’ meetings on behalf of the DFA;
- feedback to the board and make recommendations where required;
- understand the specific needs of the documentary genre
- create visibility and support for the organisation and the sector
- serve when required, as a spokesperson for the DFA in these engagements;
- help promote the organisation, its members, and its objectives;
- provide the organisation with necessary policy research and legislation that impact documentary filmmakers.
- identify funding opportunities in order to support the development of future initiatives by the DFA.
- Draft input documents that reflect the position of the DFA as required.
- A level 6 qualification in or demonstrable equivalent experience as documentary filmmaker
- Demonstrable experience as a documentary filmmaker
- Must have own computer, workspace and uncapped internet connection for remote work
The following will be advantageous :
- Experience in film production or training
- Experience working in industry organisations
Timeframe & remuneration:
- Between September 2021 and April 2022
- This is a freelance, part-time position
- Remuneration to be negotiated based on qualification(s), experience and candidate scope of work estimate
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file with the subject “DFA programme manager application ” to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Cover letter
– Curriculum Vitae (CV)
– Filmmography where relevant (may include links to previous work online)
– Reference letter(s) and contact details for 2 references
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. They will be invited to an interview that will include timed and evaluated completion of a relevant task.
Closing date: 12:00 (midday) Friday, 10 September 2021
Please note that interviews will be conducted on 15 September 2021. Remuneration in line with qualification(s) and experience
No person currently serving as a member of the DFA board can apply. DFA is committed to transforming the Documentary film industry to be more representative of race, gender and disability.