Encounters Rough Cut Lab call for submissions
In partnership with Refinery Cape Town and the South African Guild of Editors (SAGE), the Encounters South African International Documentary Festival invites South African filmmakers to submit their films for the 2nd Encounters Rough Cut Lab to be held in Cape Town from Monday, 6 August 2018 to Friday, 10 August 2018.
A maximum of three South African projects, consisting of one director and one editor, whose films are in post-production, will be selected to spend five days working on their film with an experienced editing mentor. Projects will receive expert advice on story structure and technical aspects.
This call is only open to projects with an assembled rough cut.
- A one-page synopsis maximum
- A one-page directors vision/treatment
- A one-page editors vision/treatment
- A one-page biography of the director and editor
- A one-page post production schedule and predicted timeline for completion
- An online screener link and password to the viewable rough cut
- A half page bullet point document outlining the difficulties currently experienced with the film’s current structure and / or problematic areas in the story, and if additional footage can be shot or sourced through archive.
- A half-page indication of what has been achieved up to this point is required. No less than 5 weeks must have been spent in edit prior to the lab.
- Films need to be feature length – 70 mins or above
- All available footage accessible on a USB 3 or firewire hard drives
- Indicate what software was used
Send to: email@example.com with Rough Cut Lab in the subject line
Submissions deadline: On or before 16h00 (South African time), Monday, 16 July 2018.
*Any submissions that do not follow the strict submission details and page limitations will be disqualified